Sunday, January 23, 2011

London Town!

Since I have been here, all I have heard my British roommates talk about is how much they love London.  After today, I can see where they are coming from!  All of the internationally students had the opportunity to take a trip to London today and it was super fun.  We saw Big Ben, the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, etc etc etc.  Needless to say, I got my exercise today.  My favorite part was Piccadilly Circus.  Its filled with tons of really cool shops, even though some of them sell things worth more than my house (okay, maybe only a few things were worth that much but we did walk past Mikimoto, Dolce and Gabbana, and we walked into DKNY just to see all of the pretty things).  It was super cold today too, so for a while we sat and sipped coffee at Costa.  Its like a Starbucks but way cooler and they had delicious cupcakes!  My friends and I are already planning our next trip back because there is no such thing as seeing London in one day.  In other news, it has been an interesting change going from a country that has more restrictions on drinking to one that does not.  I haven't seen a lot of liquor stores, which is probably because you could get all the alcohol you ever wanted at the grocery store.  Everybody always has at least one bottle of something in their cart and our student union has a little shop that sells food, candy, and any sort of alcohol you would want.  The food has also been an adjustment.  For those of you who know me, I am not a fan of mayo.  Well guess what....they put mayo on everything!  This has made me venture out quite a bit and try all of the mayo-less things.  Hopefully, I will find some things I really like so I don't have to keep guessing on food.  Thats all for now, I start school tomorrow (bleh) so hopefully the enrollment process goes smoothly!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having so much fun! Cannot wait to skype next and hear more stories! I like the idea of having alcohol in the student union ;) love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete